Corporate governance is one of the biggest challenges that most of the Boards of Directors/Board of Members and Board of Management as well as business leaders have been facing. The changes in society, new business models, globalization, and unpredictable economic “contrary winds” all make business leaders encounter difficulties in responding effectively to corporate governance practices according to international standards.
Understanding the importance of enhancing governance efficiency, VietStar Training and Consulting Joint Stock Company cooperated with Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) to organize a training program for the top management on “Effective Corporate Governance: Principles, Policies, Best Practices” in three days ( 3 – 5 June2021).
Attending the above mentioned Training Program:
On the side of VietStar, there were Ms. Pham Thi Thu Hang – CEO, teaching experts and guests as follows:
- Mr. John Antony – Advisor to the Board of Directors, Strategic Management Consultant, Consulting Partner & Director of Business Solutions Sdn. Bhd., Honorary Aide-de-camp to the President of Singapore from 1997 to 2001;
- Mr. Stanley Huang – CEO cum Member of the Board of Directors of Singapore Power Group (SP Group), Chairman of key subsidiaries of SP Group including SP PowerAssets Ltd., Singapore District Cooling Pte. Ltd., Singapore Power International Pte. Ltd. and SP Digital Holdings Pte. Ltd.;
- Mr. Lim Boon Heng – Former Minister of the Cabinet of Singapore (In charge of the Prime Minister’s Office), Chairman of Temasek Holdings – a Singapore’s State owned investment company;
- Mr. Willie Cheng – Former member of the Board of Directors of Accenture – a global management and technology consulting group, member of the Board of Directors of A5-DB Operations, CFL Lumens Trust and AP Ventures;
- Mr. Lim Chor Ghee – Chief Financial Officer – Malaysian Chamber of Commerce, CEO of Tricor Vietnam – Asia’s largest corporation specializing in provides a comprehensive range of professional services including market entry and investment advisory services.
On the side of EVN, there were:
- Mr. Duong Quang Thanh – Chairman of the Board of Directors of EVN;
- Mr. Tran Dinh Nhan – CEO of EVN;
- Members of the Board of Members, and the Board of Management of EVN;
- The Board of Directors/The Board of Members, the Board of Management of the National Power Transmission Corporation, Son La Hydropower Company, Hoa Binh Hydropower Company; Power Generation Corporations (GENCO 1, 2, 3), Power Distribution Corporations (NPC, SPC, CPC, HCM PC, HN PC), Electric Power Trading Company, National Load Dispatch Center, and so on.
The training program for the top management brought the precious opportunity for EVN’s Board of Directors and Leaders to exchange and share lessons from international experiences in corporate governance with highly experienced experts and senior executives from the prestigious organizations and corporations who have been gaining extensive experience in economic development in Vietnam and in the world.
The program provided an insightful perspective on the effectiveness of the Board of Directors and Board of Members of EVN, the comprehensive analysis of successes and failures while deepening best practices in corporate governance, and at the same time guiding Executives shaping strategy, structure and processes to ensure that the Board of Directors is the driving force for a long-term and sustainable success of the organization.
With more than a decade of providing training and consulting programs for Vietnam’s electricity industry, VietStar is proud of being trusted and selected to implement consulting and training projects for thousands of senior and middle managers under EVN. In the complicated development of COVID-19 pandemic, the training program for the top level management seemed to face many difficulties and challenges, but after great efforts of the parties, the program was successfully implemented.
Closing the Training Program, Mr. Duong Quang Thanh, Chairman of the Board of Directors of EVN, hoped that: “the two sides will continue to have good cooperation. Training programs on Corporate Governance Best Practices will continue to be widely deployed to EVN and EVN’s subsidiaries in the future”.
VietStar – Sharing knowledge – Networking entrepreneurs